Get a Job >> Browse Articles >> General Advice


How Foreign Healthcare Workers Can Relocate to the U.S.

How Foreign Healthcare Workers Can Relocate to the U.S.,,

Types of Visas for Nonimmigrants

Nonimmigrant visas are for international travelers, (citizens of other countries), coming to the U.S. temporarily. This visa allows you to travel to a U.S. port-of-entry (airport, for example) and request permission of the Department of Homeland Security immigration inspector to enter the U.S. A visa does not guarantee entry into the United States.

Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in Sciences: O

Intra-company transferees: L

Nurses coming to health professional shortage areas: H-1C

Physicians: J, H-1B

Professor, scholar, teacher: J

Specialty occupations in fields requiring highly specialized knowledge: H-1B

Training in a program not primarily for employment: H-3

Students – academic, vocational: F, M

Business visitors: B-1

AllHealthcare School Finder

Save time in your search for a degree program. Use AllHealthcare's School Finder to locate schools online and in your area.

* In the event that we cannot find a program from one of our partner schools that matches your specific area of interest, we may show schools with similar or unrelated programs.