Print

Get a Job >> Browse Articles >> Job Search

+2

6 Job-Hunting Tips from the Sales Pros

Tania Khadder

2. Ask Questions…and Listen to the Answers

When you ask questions, you control the conversation. A good salesperson will only speak 20% of the time – the remaining 80% of the time, they’ll be asking questions and listening to their prospective client’s answers.

The breakdown in airtime may be different in a job interview, but the premise is the same. You will – of course – want to have enough time to communicate your value, but that doesn’t mean you should be the only one talking. A good interview will have a fairly even balance of talk-time between the interviewer and interviewee – just as he or she is getting to know you, you’ll be getting to know them, their company and their workforce. And the best way to get them talking is to ask a lot of questions. But be prepared – don’t rely on these questions coming to you on the spot. Jot down a list of questions in advance, and then add to it as questions arise throughout the interview.



Number 3: Differentiate Your Product>>


AllHealthcare School Finder

Save time in your search for a degree program. Use AllHealthcare's School Finder to locate schools online and in your area.


* In the event that we cannot find a program from one of our partner schools that matches your specific area of interest, we may show schools with similar or unrelated programs.